Friday, February 8, 2013

Hi! Remember me?

Hey everyone.
I can't believe it's been over a year since my last update.
There have been some changes since last you heard from me.
I'm now living and working in Washington, DC, and I love being here.
I got the incredible privilege of interning at International Justice Mission, and also work there for a summer. Let me tell you, that's an incredible organization!

But, regardless of location or jobs changes, my passion remains the same - to end modern-day slavery and other human rights abuses.



With that in mind, I've got some great news to share - the Trafficking Victims Protection Act is set to be voted on Monday in the Senate! My understanding is that it will be voted on as an amendment to the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), which means both pieces of legislation could pass simultaneously! It's very exciting and long overdue.

Please take a moment to contact your Senators and urge them to support the TVPRA. And encourage your friends and family to contact them as well.

Here's hoping we've got something to celebrate come Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment